I was thrown into bliss. I was flying, flying like a songbird.

Estelle Sarays is a 17-year-old young woman from the Notting Hill. She and her twin sister Amy lived a normal life - until death knocked at their door, and took Amy away. She committed suicide because of the burdens she had as the oldest child. Later, Estelle's parents got divorced. She stayed with her mother, hoping to mend the distant relationship they've always had. But living with her was like a war. Love was nowhere to be found. Anger, hate, and disdain were regular visitors. Feeling like the centre of this black hole, Estelle felt the need to escape. When she did, she found herself at the same door...

A Rainy Night

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, January 25, 2008

Chapter 1: London Bridge is falling down...

The wind was holding me back. I walked with my lonesome J’s along the road. I felt like I was going nowhere. The rain was piercing my slim body. I broke my trainers in between the darkened stony bricks. I took them off and kept walking under the night-lights, yeah. My breaths were lifeless swirls of slithering air. I turned a corner. My eyes became oceans of an abyss. My face became a blue river. Emotions were rushing through my body. I stopped under The Cow restaurant red banner. I felt my body become tense. I was paralyzed. I fell to the ground; I held my face with rough hands, creating a sleek cascade. I rocked back and forth. I was in a daze. I was dreaming. I wanted to wake up. I closed my eyes. I opened them. I wanted so many things. I wanted time, more time. I wanted Amy back. I wanted my life back. I stopped.
A fair skinned woman joined me under the oversized brolly.

“Which like lipstick like totally like sticks better like, yellow, like pink, or like totally red?”
She asked me as if she didn’t feel my hurt standing beside her.
She smiled at me with her discolored teeth and multi-colored lips; Butters! Sunny D, pink petals, and tomatoes all in one place. She looked a little…off, get me? Her blonde hair was messier than the garbage disposal around the corner and she kept scratching her dripping face. Her clothes were more like ripped plastic bags.
“I wouldn’t know…um…I’m…colorblind…sorry, not from around here” I said in a soft, sorrowing voice without a care in the world.
I wasn’t. I was born in Canada, eh. My father is a Canadian. I moved here nuff years back. But I was far from colorblind. I could see that repulsive rainbow loud and clear; and they praise Notting Hill like it’s a fashionable place. It was like a work of art made by a tree.
“That’s like totally like OK. Oh, like here’s my like ride. See you like later,” she yelled as she ran through the streets to her ride like a pissed ijat. Young girls – they get smuttier everyday.

I was silent. The wind slowly slid its hand across my jaded face. I rose to my shoeless feet, staring at the star I wished upon. When I lowered my eyes, yeah, I saw a black hack, parked right In front of me. I ran towards it and let myself in.
“Ijat, that’s mah hack, thaht’s moine!” A voice yelled from afar.
I closed the door.
“Ware to mia’am?” He said with a Texan accent, a cheery voice. I knew he was American. “Anywhere, anywhere but here,” I responded.

No comments: